Get Started with Viewpoint Today
Viewpoint is a visual, web-based job submission and management portal designed to provide greater self-sufficiency for end users while reducing admin overhead. Learn more by watching the webinar below or visiting the Viewpoint page. Also be sure to check out this special offer:
Test Cluster: We will provide a small, fully functional Amazon cluster for you to easily evaluate Viewpoint. Contact us at [email protected] to get set up with a 3-5 node HPC cluster in the Amazon cloud to further evaluate the portal.
Special Offer: We’d like to help you get started with Viewpoint right away, so we’re offering a 10% discount above other qualified discounts (EDU/GOV, volume, etc.), as well as providing free training ($2,200 value) when purchased by March 31st.
Miss the webinar? Don’t worry, we recorded it! View recording of webinar»
One-Day Free Training Topics:
1. Simplify HPC Job Submission for End Users
Does your organization make large investments in HPC only to find that productivity levels are often less than desired? Viewpoint’s self-help features, visual interface, and automation of best practices make it possible to expand your HPC user base, reduce errors, and increase worker productivity!
- Simplified Job Submission – Submit and manage basic jobs through a simple and easy-to-use point-and-click web portal, in addition to the command line interface.
- Application Templates – Access or create and share templates which simplify the submission process for popular applications.
- Script Builder – Facilitate correct use of syntax and reduce new-to-HPC user error through drag-and-drop parameters in a visual interface.
- Job Details – Gain insight into resource usage through graphs which show resources requested vs utilized. Also view job status and reasons for failure with explanatory messages, saving administrator time by helping users help themselves.
- File Manager – Navigate output files right from an internal browser that includes the ability to move, copy, rename, delete, compress, preview, and download files.
2. Save Time for Administrators
Do you find yourself spending excessive time managing user requests or wishing you had a better view into workload status and resource utilization? Viewpoint’s automation of best practices, workload management capabilities, and quick visibility into resource utilization make it possible to save admin time and identify areas where system utilization can be improved!
- Dashboard – View the cluster’s allocated CPU and memory utilization over a 24-hour period as well as the quantity of jobs submitted to the system.
- Application Templates – Automate best practices by pre-defining default values, hiding unnecessary options, and adding custom fields.
- Workload Management – Quickly filter view to target workloads, assist in diagnosing job issues, and take basic actions on target workloads (placing jobs on hold, cancelling, etc.).
- Node Monitoring – Monitor every node in the system and its accompanying node ID, status, class, feature, processors available/configured, jobs, CPU utilization, and memory utilization.
- Resource Job Timeline – View individual node usage in a digestible, Tetris-like graph, enabling admins to monitor workload and resource allocation and to identify areas where system utilization can be improved.
- Configuration – Validate connections between Moab, MWS, and Mongo DB, in addition to validating licenses.
3. Eliminate Errors with Application Templates
Many admins spend a lot of time training new HPC users. Then they deal with errors as new users learn the complexities of job scripts and slowly begin to implement resource efficient practices.
With Viewpoint, administrators can create and share application templates, which help facilitate best practices for popular applications, such as run time, memory usage, and number of cores. You can add custom per-application fields right into the submission form, controlling which fields users are able to edit or even see. Non-IT skilled workers won’t need to learn how to create or modify scripts, and will be able to focus less on troubleshooting, and more on their work.
*Contact us at [email protected] for more information, quotes, and a free Amazon test cluster.