click here to download the complete 9 page technical brief
Maui Cluster Scheduler™
Maui Cluster Scheduler, the precursor to Moab HPC Suite, is an open source job scheduler for clusters and supercomputers. It is an optimized, configurable tool capable of supporting an array of scheduling policies, dynamic priorities, extensive reservations, and fairshare capabilities. It is currently in use at hundreds of government, academic, and commercial sites throughout the world. All of the capabilities found in Maui are also found in Moab, while Moab has added features including basic trigger support, graphical administration tools, and a Web-based user portal among many others. To learn more about the features available on Maui and, see the Maui and Moab comparison brief for all the additional capabilities and value Moab offers.
Adaptive Computing is no longer enhancing the open source Maui Cluster Scheduler product. Organizations using Maui can upgrade to Moab HPC Suite to get the latest usage intelligent workload management capabilities, advancements and support.
Maui extends the capabilities of base resource management systems by adding the following features:
- Job priority policies and configurations
- Multi-resource admin and job advance reservation support
- Metascheduling interface
- QOS support including service targets and resource and function access control
- Extensive fairness policies
- Multi-attribute fairshare
- Configurable node allocation policies
- Multiple configurable backfill policies
- Detailed system diagnostic support
- Allocation manager support and interface
- Extensive resource utilization tracking and statistics
- Non-intrusive ‘Test’ modes
- Advanced built-in HPC simulator for analyzing workload, resource, and policy changes
- PBS , Loadleveler, SGE, BProc, SSS XML, LSF or Wiki FlatText Scheduling API’s
- Linux, AIX, OSF/Tru-64, Solaris, HP-UX, IRIX, FreeBSD, and other UNIX platforms Evaluating
If you would like to contribute to this project, please e-mail email@example.com
*The software license allows end-user organizations to freely use, support, modify, and distribute the code for non-commercial purposes. The license may not meet the strict definitions of open source as defined by some organizations. Read the full license for details.