Adaptive Computing offers the following value added features that can be purchased to extend the foundations provided by Moab Lite and Moab HPC Suite. These capabilities facilitate such things as portal-based job submission, accounting, workflow management, grid management, elastic computing, power management, high throughput submission, and remote visualization. Add these powerful modules according to specific needs.
- Group Sharing (included in Moab HPC Suite – Basic Edition) – Gain the controls necessary to efficiently share a cluster between multiple groups and the ability to align resource usage to business objectives.
- Advanced Resource Management (included in Moab HPC Suite – Basic Edition) – enable resources to be effectively controlled and optimized in complex or heterogeneous HPC environments, thereby enhancing scheduling decisions, boosting application performance through better resource matching, and improving overall system utilization.
- Viewpoint – Simplify the workload submission process for end-users with an easy-to-use job submission portal, which
includes features like application templates, script builders, job details, and web-based file management.
- Remote Visualization (requires Viewpoint) – Avoid purchasing high-end desktops for all workers, instead sharing expensive licenses or GPU’s, by rendering applications remotely and visualizing locally through an integrated portal.
- Accounting – Flexibly track and charge for resource or service usage. Perform deposits, withdrawals, transfers, and refunds while providing balance and usage feedback to users, managers, and system administrators.
- Workflow Management – Perform health checks, handle failures, develop workflows, and provision/re-purpose nodes through a trigger-based workflow engine, enabling end-to-end automated processes.
- Grid Management – Enable unified scheduling, intelligent policy management, integrated resource management, data staging, and consolidated monitoring and management across multiple clusters.
- Elastic Computing – Manage resource expansion and contraction of bursty workloads utilizing additional resources from private clouds or other data centers.
- Power Management – Automate individual, per-application CPU clock frequencies and lower the power state of idle nodes using the Green Pool Buffer Policy, minimizing energy costs while preserving performance.
- Nitro/High Throughput – Accelerate launch times for large volumes of small jobs. The Nitro HTC scheduler packages these many tasks into group requests and launches them up to hundreds of times faster than traditional schedulers.