Adaptive Computing offers online resources to aid in accelerating dynamic cloud and HPC workload management solutions, as well as corporate and financial news and employment information.
Respect for the privacy of personal information about you is very important to us. Adaptive Computing is committed to collecting, maintaining, and securing personal information about you in accordance with this policy, as well as applicable laws, rules and regulations. This policy applies to personal information (as defined below) collected from Adaptive Computing’s online resources and communications (such as Web sites, e-mail, and other online and downloadable tools) that display a link to this policy. This policy does not apply to personal information collected from offline resources and communications, except in cases where such personal information is consolidated with personal information collected by Adaptive Computing online. This policy also does not apply to third-party online resources to which Adaptive Computing’s Web sites may link, where Adaptive Computing does not control the content or the privacy practices of such resources.
Please read this policy carefully. Should you have any questions about this policy or our data collection, use and disclosure practices, please contact us at the address that is most relevant to you.
The term "personal information" as used throughout this policy, applies to any information or set of information that identifies or that is used by or on behalf of Adaptive Computing to identify an individual.
How does Adaptive Computing collect personal information online?
Adaptive Computing collects personal information online through Web sites and other online resources. Adaptive Computing also offers online resources in collaboration with other online service providers, from which Adaptive Computing may receive personal information about users of such resources. These online collaborations are governed by agreements that require personal information to be protected appropriately. Individuals may access many parts of our Web sites and online resources without disclosing any personal information. There are two methods that Adaptive Computing uses to collect personal information online:
1. Information that you provide: Adaptive Computing collects personal information and other data that you may enter into forms or data fields on our Web sites or online resources. Such information may include, but not be limited to, contact information (such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, user ID and password), date of birth, professional credentials, experiences, activities, skills, preferences, hobbies and interests.
We collect information about your computer or other electronic device when you visit our Web sites and use our online resources. This information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, domain name, browser type, date and time of your request and information provided by tracking technologies, such as cookies and single-pixel tags. If you use a mobile device to access our web sites and online resources, we also may collect information about your device, such as your device ID and device type, as well as usage information about your device and your use of our mobile Web sites and other mobile resources.
Our Web sites and other online resources use tracking technologies to provide additional functionality that enables you to use these resources more effectively. Adaptive Computing uses tracking technologies in ways that do not identify you personally, such as to track accurately numbers of users or referring sites or advertisements to our online resources, or to remember whether you have identified yourself as a health care professional or a resident of a particular country. Adaptive Computing may use other companies to deliver e-mail communications on our behalf or to place Adaptive Computing advertisements on other web sites. Adaptive Computing does not control the tracking technologies used by these other companies. If you want to limit anonymous data collection through tracking technologies, please refer to your choices as described below.
In some cases, Adaptive Computing may use tracking technologies in ways that identify you personally, but only after you have entered personal information into a form or data field on our Web sites, or where we have registered you to use our online resources by providing a user ID and password based on information validated through other offline interactions with you. We may use tracking technologies to remember your personal preferences and selections, such as personal information that you have entered into data fields on our Web sites, answers that you have provided in response to our surveys, sections of our Web sites that you visit frequently, or to confirm whether you have read or clicked on certain e-mail communications we send to you so that we can make our communications more useful and interesting to you.
You may choose whether or not you want Adaptive Computing to use tracking technologies to remember you when you visit our web sites, and/or to provide additional personalized services to you. If you want to limit data collection through tracking technologies, please refer to your choices as described below.
1. Generally: Adaptive Computing collects personal information online as necessary to enable individuals to register for, customize and personalize certain of Adaptive Computing’s online resources and communications. Adaptive Computing uses personal information collected online to provide products, services and features and other resources that individuals have requested; for example, educational literature and related information about Adaptive Computing’s Cloud and HPC solutions, e-mail programs, tools, quizzes, questionnaires, and surveys. Adaptive Computing analyzes personal information collected online to identify and offer additional services and promotions that we believe you might find interesting. Adaptive Computing evaluates use of some online resources and communications with non-identifiable or aggregate information only. Adaptive Computing also may use personal information to audit its online resources for authorized access and security.
2. Social Media: Online social media resources are interactive tools that typically enable you to collaborate and share information with others. Some examples of social media resources include social networks, discussion boards, bulletin boards, blogs, wikis, and referral functions to share web site content and tools with a friend or colleague. Adaptive Computing may collect personal information from you to enable you to use online social media resources we may offer from time to time. Adaptive Computing may also enable you to use these social media resources to post or share personal information with others. You should consider carefully what information about yourself you choose to share with others when you use social media resources. Adaptive Computing provides additional notice and choices about how personal information is collected, used and disclosed on our Web sites and other online resources that offer social media.
3. Mobile Computing: Adaptive Computing’s Web site and online resources are designed specifically for use on mobile computing devices. Some mobile versions of Adaptive Computing Web site may require that you log in with your user account for that Web site. Information about your use of the mobile version of the Web site will be associated with your user account. Some of our Web sites and online resources enable you to download an application, widget or other tool that you can use on your mobile or other computing device. Some of these tools may store information on your mobile or other device. These tools may transmit personal information to Adaptive Computing to enable you to access your user account and to enable Adaptive Computing to track use of these tools. Some of these tools may enable you to e-mail reports and other information from the tool. Adaptive Computing may use personal or non-identifiable information transmitted to Adaptive Computing to enhance these tools, to develop new tools, for quality improvement and as otherwise described in this Policy or in other notices Adaptive Computing provides.
Consistent with the purposes identified and standards set within this policy and other applicable privacy notices that have been provided, in some cases Adaptive Computing consolidates and uses personal information that individuals share with Adaptive Computing through various services and channels, such as the telephone, surveys, Web sites and other online resources and communications, in order to enhance the quality of services that we offer.
1. No personal information collection: You may choose not to provide any personal information to Adaptive Computing online by electing not to enter any personal information into a form or data field on our Web sites, and by not using any personalized services provided by our online resources. However, some of our online resources are available only to individuals who provide personal information or who use personalized services.
2. Limitations and options regarding uses and disclosures for other purposes: Some Adaptive Computing online resources may request your permission to use and disclose personal information about you in order to add you to our contact lists, to enable you to list yourself in a directory or a social media resource, and to identify and offer additional services and promotions that we believe you might find interesting. You can limit the use of personal information about you by checking or un-checking options provided at the time that you enter that information or that we may offer to you in the future. Additionally, you may change your communications preferences (such as to opt-out of communications you requested previously) by contacting us at the address that is most relevant to you.
4. E-mail communications: You may choose to receive optional e-mail and other communications from Adaptive Computing by signing up for or subscribing to these communications on our Web sites and other online resources. If you do not wish to receive optional e-mail communications, you may opt-out by responding to the e-mail communications by following the unsubscribe or opt-out instructions in the e-mail communications you receive from us. You also may opt-out by contacting us at the address that is most relevant to you.
Personal information about you will be accessible to Adaptive Computing, including its subsidiaries, divisions and groups worldwide, and to individuals and organizations that use personal information solely for and at the direction of Adaptive Computing. Uses and disclosures of personal information by external individuals and organizations acting on Adaptive Computing’s behalf are governed by agreements that require personal information to be protected appropriately. Personal information about you only will be used and disclosed by Adaptive Computing and individuals and organizations working on its behalf, in a manner consistent with this policy, other applicable privacy notices, and as explicitly permitted or required by applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Does Adaptive Computing share personal information with third parties?
In general, Adaptive Computing does not sell or share personal information about you except as described in this policy and other applicable privacy notices, however, circumstances may arise where Adaptive Computing may, for business reasons, decide to reorganize or divest its business through sale, merger or acquisition. In these circumstances, personal information may be shared with actual or prospective purchasers. Adaptive Computing will obtain written assurances that personal information will be protected appropriately in these circumstances. Adaptive Computing reserves the right to disclose personal information about you, including your e-mail address, for reporting to government authorities, to parties in relevant legal proceedings as authorized by the presiding court or tribunal and otherwise to the extent required or explicitly authorized by applicable law. Except as provided in this policy, personal information about you will not otherwise be shared without your permission.
How does Adaptive Computing secure personal information?
Adaptive Computing will take reasonable steps to protect personal information as it is transmitted from your computer to our online resources and servers, as well as to protect personal information in its possession from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. It is your personal responsibility to secure your own copies of your passwords and related access codes for our online resources.
To gain access to personal information about you collected online, and to keep it accurate, complete and current, you may contact us at the address most relevant to you. Where offered, you also may update personal information about you online by modifying information that you previously have entered into forms or data fields on our Web sites. Where permitted by law, your ability to access and correct personal information will be limited where access and correction would: inhibit Adaptive Computing’s ability to comply with a legal or ethical obligation, inhibit Adaptive Computing’s ability to investigate, make or defend legal claims, result in disclosure of personal information about a third party, result in breach of a contract or disclosure of trade secrets or other proprietary business information belonging to Adaptive Computing or a third party.
What is Adaptive Computing’s contact address for privacy questions?
Should you have questions about this policy or Adaptive Computing’s information collection, use and disclosure practices, you may contact us at the address most relevant to you. You may access this list of addresses online at http://www.adaptivecomputing.com/company/contact-us/. When you contact us, please note the name of the Web site or other online resource you used or to which you provided personal information, as well as the nature of any information that you provided. We will use reasonable efforts to respond promptly to requests, questions or concerns you may have regarding access to personal information about you collected online or our use of personal information about you. We may contact you for follow up information and may share your inquiry with other individuals within Adaptive Computing or working for Adaptive Computing that are responsible for functions related to the subject of your inquiry. Except where required by law, Adaptive Computing cannot ensure a response to questions or comments regarding topics unrelated to this policy or Adaptive Computing’s privacy practices.
How will I know whether Adaptive Computing has updated this policy?
Adaptive Computing may update this policy periodically. Adaptive Computing reserves the right to modify, add or remove portions of this privacy statement at its discretion. If we decide to change this policy, we will post those changes at this site so you always will know what information we gather, how we might use that information, and whether we will disclose it to anyone. If the changes we make to the policy are material, we also may post a notice on the Adaptive Computing web page (www.adaptivecomputing.com) or, in some cases, may provide notice of the changes by e-mail. This policy was last updated on September 1, 2011.