The role of the Senior Sales Executive will be to close large software deals with federal government organizations, primarily in the East Coast area. This person will be responsible for prospecting and finding direct sales opportunities through their self-directed efforts and for selling through a partner channel. The Senior Sales Executive will be accountable to meet quarterly and annual quotas and will be a team player as a member of the North American Sales Team.
Primarily responsible for calling on federal government organizations and working to position Adaptive Computing’s software platform as the premier intelligent workload management and orchestration platform for automating decisions with HPC environments. Responsibilities Include prospecting, selling and closing new business in assigned sales territory and for developing new territories as needed. The role includes working with some of the top government organizations, helping them transform their business through the use of technology.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to manage and develop our federal government accounts. The position will be based in the east coast area. As an Account Manager you will be managing a growing business with several large, visible clients who drive yearly revenue targets and long-term revenue opportunities. The success of this business is measured by revenue from net new opportunities and broad annuity renewals, the impact that Adaptive´s technologies have on the customer’s operations, and by overall customer satisfaction.
- Proactively identify target prospects, establish contact with these prospects, and walk them through the sales cycle
- Meet quota and other targeted metrics
- Create a strategic and actionable account plan for HPC middleware that defines a clear growth strategy
- Manage relationships with VPs and C-level executives
- Give presentations on technical software to CIOs and VPs
- Produce professional-quality email and other written communication with key executives
- Manage responses to RFIs and RFPs
- Continue account management for the life of each account after the sale to ensure long-term customer satisfaction
- Sell through a partner channel and manage relationships with partners
- Ensure that Adaptive teams are well-orchestrated and leveraged around relationships and opportunities, by communicating the vision and strategy for your account, handing off opportunities to team members and providing feedback to HQ departments as needed
- Ensure that clients deploy the solutions acquired by working with team members on deployment plans and customer adoption of these plans.
Requirements of Education and Experience:
- At least six years of sales experience in the financial software field
- Existing network of contacts for IT executives and data center operators at financial companies
- Strong history of managing VP- and CIO-level relationships
- Experience selling HPC scheduling or orchestration software such as IBM Platform LSF or Altair PBS Pro
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to manage and sell through a partner channel
- Strong ethical standards demonstrated through honesty and integrity in dealings with customers and others
- Strong communication skills, including presentation, writing, and email skills
- Proactive go-getter nature and willingness to build individual sales pipeline through prospecting
- Residence in close proximity to New York City and a willingness to travel frequently to other locations
Email resume to [email protected] to apply for this position. Please include the name of the position you are applying for as well as where you found our job posting.