Delivers Unmatched Agility and Automation for Truly Dynamic Clouds with HP Cloud Service Automation Software
Las Vegas, Nevada—June 8, 2011—Adaptive Computing, a leader in unified intelligent automation technology, today announced a cloud offering with HP Cloud Service Automation Software. Under the new offering, Adaptive Computing’s core technology, Moab, brings dynamic optimization to the HP Cloud Service Automation solution, an extensible cloud platform for private and public clouds. The new solution will help enable enterprises and service providers to fully leverage the flexibility and agility of dynamic cloud computing to speed innovation, accelerate business processes and reduce time to revenue.
Adaptive Computing’s Moab technology complements HP Cloud Service Automation with vital dynamic workload optimization and showback and chargeback capabilities. Customers can now automate the complex process of identifying, allocating and charging for resources, and dynamically meet incoming service requests and changing conditions across the service lifecycle to maximize utilization and ensure optimal service performance.
“With this comprehensive new solution, Adaptive Computing can deliver cloud environments with HP Cloud Service Automation that are agile, automated and adaptive,” said Michael Jackson, president and COO of Adaptive Computing. “Moab brings important dynamic optimization to HP Cloud Service Automation, and the new solution extends far beyond what is delivered by other predominantly static clouds.”
Moab Adaptive Computing Suite capabilities include:
Dynamic Workload Optimization
- Moab determines and automates optimal initial resource allocation and then dynamically adapts resources to adjust to changing service workload needs and resource conditions.
- Moab intelligently matches the best set of resources for service workloads, based on fine-grained workload requirements and resource attributes, to reduce the risk of service failures.
- Moab uses innovative allocation and scheduling policies to maximize resource utilization, giving IT organizations the controls to deliver higher service capacity at lower costs.
Showback and Chargeback
- Moab shows back and charges for the costs of services to users and groups in order to recapture expenses and help move IT from a cost center to a service provider, aligning IT services expenditures with business priorities.
- Moab presents the costs for each service at the time of request to enable better user decisions and pre-approval and then tracks, reports or bills for service and resource use with flexible rates and charging models.
“Customers require a cloud solution that delivers a comprehensive, automated solution that scales to meet individual workload requirements in real time” says Donna Scott, research vice president at Gartner. “The Moab Adaptive Computing Suite incorporates the three essential abilities required for long term cloud success — agility, adaptability, and automation. Such capabilities provide intelligent service governance that will distinguish HP’s Cloud offering in the marketplace.”
About Adaptive Computing
Adaptive Computing provides intelligent automation software for HPC, data center and cloud environments. The company’s infrastructure intelligence solutions, powered by Moab®, deliver policy-based governance, allowing customers to consolidate and virtualize resources, allocate and manage applications, optimize service levels and reduce operational costs. Adaptive Computing products manage the world’s largest computing installations and are the preferred intelligent automation solutions for the leading global HPC and data center vendors. For more information, call (801) 717-3700 or visit adaptive.wpengine.com.